Facebook Twitter Youtube

[Software]Best free VPN for Android 2024: Which ones can you trust?

GreenBoys

Pixel 5 phone with Android figure

It might be surprising, but free VPNs are no longer just for PCs. You can also use them to help easily boost your security and privacy game on an Android device. Whether you want extra security while using a public Wi-Fi network, or to get around geo-restrictions for your favorite streaming services, a free VPN can help you do it without having to pay a cent.

The problem when looking for a good free VPN, though, is that there are a large number of them available on the Google Play Store and most aren’t trustworthy. So how do you determine which ones are worth your time? I have personally tested a slew of VPNs, both for PCs and Android devices, and have curated a list of the best free options you can feel confident in using. Check out my top picks below.

Why you should trust me: Here at PCWorld we’ve been testing computer hardware, software, and services since the 1980s. As the VPN reviewer, I’m continually testing all of the major VPNs on the market and many lesser-known services in order to curate a list of the very best VPNs across a variety of categories. For a more in-depth guide, you can check out my article on how we test VPN services at PCWorld. Below you’ll find my favorite free VPNs, and below that, helpful advice about what to look for when choosing a VPN for your Android device on your own.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/695190/best-free-vpn-for-android.html