Jump to content
Facebook Twitter Youtube

[News] Markham, Ont. restaurant at centre of mass poisoning to reopen today


Recommended Posts

Posted

1_6047262.jpg

A restaurant in Markham, Ont. at the centre of a mass poisoning that sent several people to hospital over the weekend is set to reopen on Wednesday.

Delight Restaurant & BBQ, located at Castlemore Avenue and Markham Road, made headlines earlier this week after 12 people who dined at the establishment became seriously ill, four of whom were admitted to intensive care.

 

Dr. Barry Pakes, York Region’s Medical Officer of Health, previously told CP24 he believed the patrons were poisoned by a spice contaminated with aconite – a plant-based toxin that can be deadly in small doses.

“From a public health perspective, now that we’ve identified what we think was the source of the toxin, which was a spice that was in a chicken dish, there isn’t any public health reason for it not to open,” Pakes said in an interview Wednesday.

 

- What is aconite poisoning?

 

Toronto doctors explain
“That said of course, we’ve got our investigators going in today just to make sure, from an infection prevention and control and general food safety perspective that the restaurant is exactly where it needs to be.”

 

Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/toronto/2022/8/31/1_6049805.amp.html

  • I love it 1
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

WHO WE ARE?

CsBlackDevil Community [www.csblackdevil.com], a virtual world from May 1, 2012, which continues to grow in the gaming world. CSBD has over 70k members in continuous expansion, coming from different parts of the world.

 

 

Important Links