Facebook Twitter Youtube

Trump gives $10m to campaign, still short on promise

FearLess

(Jim Cole, AP)

Washngton - Donald Trump has repeatedly said he will spend $100m or more of his own money on his presidential bid. Yet even with a fresh donation, he is $34m short of that promise.

The Republican nominee gave his campaign another $10m, a Federal Election Commission report showed. At rallies earlier on Friday, he told supporters he'd contributed anew. "Boy, am I spending a lot of my money," he said in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

He has now made a personal investment of about $66m over the course of the primary and general elections.

The latest infusion comes as Democrat Hillary Clinton hold a striking cash advantage over Trump, FEC reports show. As of last week, Clinton and her Democratic partners had $153m in the bank, more than double the resources as on the Trump side.

Trump, a New York businessman who says he is worth billions of dollars, invested heavily throughout his GOP primary race. Then, during the general election, he slowed his personal contributions to about $2m per month.

Trump's giving has been tied to email appeals to his supporters, promising to "match" their donations up to $2m.

Campaign cash

He stopped making those solicitations through most of October, according to Tom Sather, senior director of research at the email data solutions firm Return Path. The firm tracks every email from political candidates.

Trump's campaign recently resumed the "matching" solicitations. "I will TRIPLE MATCH any amount you can contribute today," stated an email message to his supporters.

The new gift represents the most that Trump has put into his bid since the month of March, when he loaned his campaign $11.5m. Trump later zeroed out all of his loans, converting them into contributions that cannot be repaid.

His personal investment shrinks when accounting for about $9m in campaign cash that has returned to his family and businesses.

That money has largely gone to the holding company of his private jet, but the campaign also paid for rent at Trump Tower, catering at his restaurants and even the Trump Ice bottled water that has popped up at his events.

US President Barack Obama said that Donald Trump, a billionaire real estate Courier bid for the Republican Party in the upcoming presidential election, I will not be president "because the presidential serious job."
The US president, "I still think that Trump will not become president of the country, and the reason is the great American people confidence."
And advanced Trump currently seeking to run the rest of the Republicans, he won the primary vote in the state and one of the two states in which the vote took place, as the rest of the candidates ahead in opinion polls in South Carolina, which will choose its candidate on Sunday.
President Obama, responding to a question about Trump and his face by one of the journalists on the sidelines of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations summit (ASEAN) held in California.
Obama said that American voters would choose Trump as their president because they "know that the function of the president and the job seriously."
He went on to say that "the presidency is not a function of TV host, not for promotion and marketing. It's a painstaking job, a far cry from the work of all your best to get the petition addresses the following day."
Trump responded by saying that it is flattering to receive criticism from the head of the country's hurting very much.

• I love it 2