Facebook Twitter Youtube

Nightvision/flashlight problems

✘ PsychO™✘

Hello , 

i was searching your problem for many months before you , i had the same problem.  

Well first of all , Flashlights cause many players to drop fps, just as Dlights from third-party plugins, maps, etc.

if using OpenGL, even with a high-end graphics card, if you go into a map that uses light or light_spot entities that have their "style" set to something else other than default (such as flicker, pulsing, etc.) your fps will be completely wrecked when looking at them. Oddly enough, changing to D3D would make it perfectly fine.

So basically, OpenGL just can't stand any sort of dynamic lights, for some reason.

in other words , no matter how powerful your graphic cards is , running cs on OpenGl will make it odd and too laggy .

Regardless, you could try setting in console or edit in config : 

"r_dynamic 0"

-gl_aniso 0 

-nofbo

in the console and see if that helps. 

i still recommend you to use D3D mod because it's OpenGl internal problem . 

• I love it 2

1. Cut your counter-strike folder away from your steamapps and store it somewhere else
2. Go to your Steam library, right click on Counter-Strike and "Delete local content"
3. Download Counter-Strike again by opening it through Steam library
4. Use -nofbo (you can also try -nomsaa if you like the new rendering setting) in launch options (where you also keep your -noforcemparms -noforcemacel commands to remove mouse acceleration and -freq to set your refresh rate)
5. Your cstrike folder is now in steamapps\common\half-life\cstrike, which is where you should put your configs, bots, etc
6. Load up Counter-Strike and uncheck "Wait for vertical sync" and "Enable HD models" on the Video tab
7. Use gl_vsync 0 (removes vertical sync), gl_aniso 0 (removes anisotrophic filtering) and fps_max 99 (sets your max fps to 99; otherwise movement etc won't be proper)

If you have a laptop that supports the NVIDIA Optimus technology, here is how you fix possibly fps problems caused by CS no longer being detected as "Counter-Strike" by NVIDIA, but instead as hl.exe (which is ran by the onboard Intel video card):

You need to add "hl.exe" as a game in NVIDIA control panel's program settings (under 3D settings), and change the preferred graphics processor to NVIDIA. If it's blocked, you need to use NVIDIA Inspector (http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/93516335/file.html) to fix it.

After adding "hl.exe", load up NVIDIA Inspector and click on the driver settings button (with a wrench on it) in the middle of the program, next to your driver version. Also make sure you close NVIDIA control panel at this time.

Find "Half Life" from the drop down menu, and then scroll down to "enable application optimus option" and set it to "SHIM_RENDERING_MODE_ENABLE" and click apply settings.

Open up NVIDIA control panel again, change the setting to "NVIDIA" and click apply. For me this reverted the setting and made it greyed out again, but once I re-did the fix on NVIDIA inspector, it stayed as "NVIDIA" and my fps issues were (at least seemingly/so far) fixed.

HOW TO USE NVIDIA INPSECTOR

DOWNLOAD (http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/93516335/file.html)
You need to add "hl.exe" as a game in NVIDIA control panel's program settings (under 3D settings), and change the preferred graphics processor to NVIDIA. If it's blocked, you need to use NVIDIA Inspector (.zippyshare.com/v/93516335/file.html) to fix it.

After adding "hl.exe", load up NVIDIA Inspector and click on the driver settings button (with a wrench on it) in the middle of the program, next to your driver version. Also make sure you close NVIDIA control panel at this time.

Find "Half Life" from the drop down menu, and then scroll down to "enable application optimus option" and set it to "SHIM_RENDERING_MODE_ENABLE" and click apply settings.

Open up NVIDIA control panel again, change the setting to "NVIDIA" and click apply. For me this reverted the setting and made it greyed out again, but once I re-did the fix on NVIDIA inspector, it stayed as "NVIDIA" and my fps issues were (at least seemingly/so far) fixed.
Nothing difficult!

6 hours ago, ✘ PsychO™✘ said:

Thanks guys, but i already used those (all these methods) and it didnt work, so thats why i came here to find a new idea,

12 hours ago, _L0rd_ said:

even with a high-end graphics card, if you go into a map that uses light or light_spot entities that have their "style" set to something else other than default (such as flicker, pulsing, etc.) your fps will be completely wrecked when looking at them.

it's not a problem that me and you could fix , in a mysterious way , Using OpenGl have a serious problems with the 3 party plugins of light_spots . 

in other words , it's from the specific viewer mode , only Valve could fix it or any graphic programmer.

i will let this topic open probably we will find a smart answer  

• I love it 1

Hello,

On 6/20/2017 at 9:28 AM, ✘ PsychO™✘ said:

Thanks guys, but i already used those (all these methods) and it didnt work, so thats why i came here to find a new idea,

Your problem is your internet, your country Algeria doesn't provide good internet that's why you are having that problem.

If your PC is bad and your internet is good you will not have much problem, but if your internet is bad and pc is good then you will have problem with night vision it is like your computer is about to crash.

Nobody can help you.

Good Luck & Have Fun

• I love it 1
  • Haha 1