Vinicius™

• Premium
  • Musician Name: Domenica Rita Adriana Bertè
  • Birthday / Location: September 20, 1947 Bagnara Calabra, Italy
  • Main instrument: Vocal
  • Musician Picture: 200px-Mia_Martini_1973b.jpg
  • Musician Awards & Nominations:-
  • Best Performance: -
  • Other Information: Born in 1947, she released her first 45 rpm record I miei baci non puoi scodare (You can't forget my kisses) at just 15 years old, and her real name.
  • At first, she sang at village parties and participated in competitions for new talent. The turning point took place in the meeting with the composer Carlo Alberto Rossi and consequently the contract with the music publisher Jukebox, her record company. Thanks to this record, she gained attention as a "yé-yé" girl from the weekly magazine Tuttomusica, which included her in a band called “La Greffa”. It was followed by a cover of an English hit, “In Summer”, and thanks to her third production “Il Magone”, in 1964, that she achieved the first hits in her career. At that time, she was invited to participate as a “new guest” in the TV show “Teatro 10”, directed by Lelio Lutazzi, where she performed a fun song called “E adesso che abbiamo litigato” (And now that we fight). In addition, after this great start, it was forgotten until the year 1970, that is, until its participation in the first Festival of the avant-garde and new trends of Viareggio where, with the band “La macchina” (The machine), he won singing “Padre davvero” (Real Father), an engaged and anti-conformist song. The first LP Oltre la collina (Beyond the Hill) came to light. Among the authors, Claudio Baglioni also appears.
  • In April 1972, winning the contract with RCA, she moved to the Ricordi house and launched Piccolo Uomo (Little Man), the result of her collaboration with Bruno Lauzi. The album stays for 5 months in the top spots of the Italian hit-parade and wins the Festivalbar edition (the encore will take place in 1973 with Minuetto, whose author is Franco Califano). It also becomes a success in France, Spain and Latin America. In the autumn of the same year, she participates in the Mostra Internazionale di Música Leggera in Venice with “Donna sola” (Alone woman) and publishes a new album: “Il giorno dopo” (The day after) which also includes “Ma quale amore” by Antonello Venditti, the cover of the song “Your Song” by Elton John, and “Signora” (Madam), by Jean Manuel Serrat, translated by Paolo Limiti.
  • It's a golden age for Mia: She wins the “Gondola d'oro” in Venice thanks to the sales of the album “Donna sola”, plus the referendum of the magazine "Sorrisi e canzoni" as best singer of the year in addition to the European critics award in Palma de Mallorca. In Spain, she began a collaboration with Charles Aznavour that lasted 3 years and ended in 1977 with a triumphal tour.
  • At that time Mia published two more albums "Sensi e controsensi" (Sentidos e contrasentidos) and "Un altro giorno per me" (Another day for me). The following year she publishes “Per amarti” (To love you) in which she sings with musicians like Tullio De Piscopo, Ivano Fossati, and Ruggero Cini. In 1977 she is the star of the Tokyo Festival and in 1982 she participates in the famous festival in Sanremo for the first time with the song by Ivano Fossati “E non finisce mica il cielo” (And the sky does not end) winning the award as best performer. . In this festival there are other participations of his: In 1989 with “Almeno tu nell’universo” (At least you in the universe) by Bruno Lauzi. In 1990 with "La nevicata del '56" (The snowfall of '56) and in 1992 with "Gli uomini non cambiano" (Men don't change) coming in second place, in the same year participates in the traditional festival "eurovision", getting unfairly in third place. On May 13, 1995, she died from an overdose. The suicide hypotheses that occurred in the days following the discovery of the body were denied by the sisters. Years later, Olivia, the youngest of the Berté sisters, said the singer's last period of life was "...wonderful...".
  • In 2019, Riccardo Donna directed the biographical film Io sono Mia (the title is, in Italian, a double meaning: I am Mia, but also I am mine).
  • In 2000, Italian-Brazilian singer Deborah Blando pays tribute to Mia Martini in her second Italian-language album Salvatrice, Re-recording "In Una Notte Cosi".