Facebook Twitter Youtube

(Gadgets) Gadgets That Just Make Life Easier With Asthma

PrO_____

photo of robot vacuum cleaner at work

You really don’t have to twist my arm to go shopping, especially when it involves a purchase that can (or might) improve my health. I’m amazed by just how many products are available -- some helpful, some not for whatever ails us.  Before any purchase, I do my homework. I ask my doctors for input. I scour the internet. I ask friends and even my 95-year-old grandmother.  This was my process when deciding on some products that I consider tried-and-true for my asthma.  These seven items have helped me so much in controlling my asthma symptoms. If I had an unlimited supply of money, I would give most of these out as stocking stuffers to others. These are truly my go-to asthma-bustin’ gadgets.  Robot vacuum: In a perfect world, I’d vacuum every day to help keep down dust and pollen that can worsen my asthma symptoms. However, with my busy schedule, that’s just not possible. A robotic vacuum allows me to set a timer for it to run each day (or twice per day), keeping my floors squeaky clean and dust-free.    I spent: $0 (This was a gift I requested, but most run about $150-$200.)  Air purifier: For several years, I’ve used a HEPA air purifier in my bedroom to help limit all those unseen airborne bad guys that impact my breathing. This has been one of my favorite purchases over the years and I don’t know how I ever lived without one. Recently, I signed up for a subscription to receive  replacement filters every few months to ensure I always have a clean filter. (Note: If you’re using an air purifier with a dirty filter, you might as well just turn it off.) The type of air purifier I have kicks out cool air and white noise, which helps me sleep as well. If well maintained, a good air purifier can last a few years. Next up for me: a mini air purifier for travel.