Facebook Twitter Youtube

[Gadgets] Huawei P40 Lite 5G

Angrry.exe™

There are so many differences between Huawei P40 Lite and Huawei P40 Lite 5G that instead of the Chinese company I would have chosen another name to individualize them more strongly.

Huawei P40 Lite 5G is one of the cheapest 5G smartphones at the moment and I bet that if the Chinese company could install GMS on the device, it would have brought it to over 2000 lei. The hardware package exceeds the expectations in relation to the marketing cost.

The Lite series has played a crucial role for Huawei locally and beyond. Their first major commercial hit was Huawei P8 Lite, the phone whose review has the most views on our site. P40 Lite and P40 Lite 5G have the disadvantage of the lack of GMS that in another context would have helped a lot the Chinese manufacturer. I don't have data on current sales, but I'm sure that the lack of pre-installed Google services is an impediment for some of those interested.

By the way, Huawei P40 Lite 5G = Huawei Nova 7 SE = Honor 30S

specificatii-Huawei-P40-Lite-5G.png

Huawei P40 Lite 5G is covered in glass (front and back). It seems to me to be quite solid and the resistance structure I have the impression that it was made of metal. The display / body ratio of 83.8% is not impressive, but we are talking about a mid-range phone and not about a representative from the premium niche.

At the top you can see the speaker grille, in the left corner there is a tiny round cutout where the 16 Megapixel front camera was slipped. The edge at the base is a bit more generous and makes a discordant note with the top. The volume control, the power button that also acts as a fingerprint reader, the slot for the two nanoSIM cards are beautifully framed. The glass on the back impresses visually, a gradient of colors and reflections that more than that.

The main camera with 4 sensors stands out quite generously, and I would say that a protective cover is absolutely necessary. I don't understand why it comes out so loud, in the context that they didn't put OIS on any of the sensors (wide, ultrawide, macro and depth of field). The design is quite reminiscent of the P40 Pro (as is normal). P40 Lite 5G does not have any certification related to resistance to contact with water and dust.

Huawei P40 Lite 5G does not compromise on material quality and attention to detail. Other companies put glass on phones over 4000 lei, Huawei on models from 1500 - 1600 lei with 5G does not risk and tries to deliver a smartphone as well developed as possible on the design side.

Huawei-P40-Lite-5G-36-960x640.jpg

One of the big pros for the P40 Lite 5G is the hardware. Kirin 820 5G seems to me to be one of the best proposals in the segment of cheap 5G smartphones. It was developed in a 7nm lithography process, tri-cluster arrangement with 1 x ARM Cortex-A76 at 2.36 GHz, 3 x ARM Cortex-A76 at 2.22 GHz and 4 x ARM Cortex-A55 at 1.84 GHz. It is supported by a 6-core GPU - Mali-G57. Adds 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage + combo slot (dual-sim or single sim + slot for NM cards up to 256 GB).

What solutions can you use to prevent the lack of Google applications?

Navigation - Here WeGo;

Browser - Opera (search by default is done through Google) + pre-installed browser, quite well developed;

Mail - the pre-installed Email client;

YouTube - YouTube Vanced or simply access it directly from the browser;

There are various other solutions, but there is no point in detailing them here. It is best to rely on what the smartphone itself delivers, without thinking about installing apk from more or less dubious sources, etc. This way you can install Chrome if you want, try Maps etc. It's just that it's not like you have them by default, etc. As a general idea, the games section should be updated. It seems to me to be quite poor in really interesting options. Plus the bloatware from the available applications, not to fall into the Play Store race, which in the desire to have applications and games, left all kinds of scams free and even in 2020 they failed to solve the problem.