Sari la conținut

Has Facebook taken people away from using forum?

Has Facebook taken people away from using forums?  

27 membri au votat

1. 1. Has Facebook taken people away from using forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Postări Recomandate

Hello World,

In CSBD, alot of our members spend a hell of a lot of time on (Facebook, Insta) etc... Where before they used to spend a lot of time here with us. 😞 I am just wondering if other people are experiencing the same thing, and what have people done as a strategy to regain some of this loss of traffic?

Sometimes, I feel like I am competing with Facebook, obviously I cannot compare it to our forum. As an Administrator, I was never interested in turning CSBD into something like FB because that's not what we are about. We are a gaming community and we continue as what we are.

Whilst we encourage here our members to use our forum by making new relationships with friends, they often get contact between them via Facebook page which sends people back there and they forget to come back. It's just one example؟

We are a big board and our community has been running for more than 9 years. I would like to add in my notes back your ideas and what changes that can you recommend us to do in the future.

[With Respect - CSBD STAFF ADMINISTRATION]

• Ador 2
  • Like 1
Link spre comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

Hello,

I will start with the first thing I said in the old days and I will repeat it now

I want you to make beautiful competitions from people who add new people to the forum who will have a reward like  VIP!

And on the occasion of the old people here who had a rank. Do you know why they left the forum? He learned from here how to use it and how to arrange it and learned everything from here, and they are really, each of them opened a new forum

It is not easy for everyone to be loyal

Talking about myself I have a long time here and I don't care to what degree I really like this beautiful forum and I was born here and I will stay here and I will keep helping the forum until the last breath

I hope you give some people a chance to show how much they do.

A message to ADMINS: I hope each of them does not express to any member. I know that you are the highest rank here, but remember the simple soldier also has a right to the army and the battle.

I look forward to getting real people to help them with everything I have to do in the forum. I have more to say at a later time

good luck

Editat de Deliric -
  • Ador 2
  • Like 1
Link spre comentariu

17 hours ago, Deliric - said:

And on the occasion of the old people here who had a rank. Do you know why they left the forum? He learned from here how to use it and how to arrange it and learned everything from here, and they are really, each of them opened a new forum

It is not easy for everyone to be loyal

here you are talking about loyalty and most of the people who were here left , well have you ever thought that those people had a reason to do so ? loyalty comes with respect , appreciation , fair treatment , humble staff team and many more things when those are not availlable well loyalty wont just show up , keep in mind that all the people that were here and left gave their all for this community and spent years developing it and bring new ideas to it , and what did they receive back at the end ? well guess .

anyways coming back to the subject of the godfather , it's not about facebook or anyother social medias , many cs communities are kinda dead , well the game is so old that no one is intrested , about the forum well it's everyday like the other nothing new , no originality or creativity neither contests nor communications add to that staff memebers that either have no experince just posting topics and that's it or actually lost intrest as i can understand and can not blame them , and to be honest those who were doing good for the community or at least most of them are no longer part . 

Have a wonderfull afternoon 🌹

• Ador 4
  • Like 1
Link spre comentariu

Just now, Meh Rez vM ! ♫ said:

here you are talking about loyalty and most of the people who were here left , well have you ever thought that those people had a reason to do so ? loyalty comes with respect , appreciation , fair treatment , humble staff team and many more things when those are not availlable well loyalty wont just show up , keep in mind that all the people that were here and left gave their all for this community and spent years developing it and bring new ideas to it , and what did they receive back at the end ? well guess .

u were in the forum and gave a lot for it, did you ever think of paying with them or helping them for the monthly payment?

You are really true to everything you said. But think when you have responsibility at home and you are the only one who buys everything and pays and looks at your brother he doesn't buy anything he just enjoys Do you feel satisfied?

Believe me, this is not for stupidity or nonsense. Everyone on it does not run away from the truth only
You want me to convince you of something simple. Those who are very close to him have been removed!

I hope you come back again because you are someone who really deserves it and worked hard for it

my respects to you

Link spre comentariu

Life, that's the reason. People grow up and form families. As a result, there is no time left to play games. 

Nowadays, what is cs 1.6? From new ones no one particularly plays cs 1.6 anymore and better prefers modern games.

• Ador 4
  • Like 1
Link spre comentariu

That's not true , facebook and any other social media was there before the forum , they were there in 2015 until now so why they didn't take people from us in that time but now ?

People are growing bro and they don't see anything here that helps them for the future , they don't see anything here that can work to earn , let's be honest this community is for teens from 13-18 but as we grow up we loose interest in virtual media and we focus to our goals and future , with all the respect for the community but this is the truth 

• Ador 2
  • Genial 1
Link spre comentariu

4 hours ago, 乡мя.ЪคЪค™ said:

That's not true , facebook and any other social media was there before the forum

Maybe before CSBD Forum, but for other forums, most of them has been created & started in 2002-2003 which means before facebook's born.

• Ador 1
  • Like 1
Link spre comentariu

The "facebook" team was always a job for a Global Moderator, now the rules have changed?

Global moderator users must work to recruit facebook users to CSBD like 2018-2019.

it was a good job at that time of Global Moderators and now work on them.

I suggest that the rank Global Moderators take 2 people from work and recruit from FB to CSBD so we will gain more users.

• Ador 1
  • Like 1
Link spre comentariu

tomorrow is unpredictable............ living in the past and worrying about the future is the perfect recipe for missing out on living your life the strength of now lies in living this very moment

the forum was just a site to enjoy our time when we were in our teens.. Have you thought that after 10 years of the forum's inception, what was offered to the person who was 15 years old and is now 25 years old?

[our master noah] is waiting for someone to build the ark in order to survive on it there is a difference in consuming time, and waiting for miraculous miracles that will fall from the sky to save our lives and our daily livelihood we are consuming at a time when we must think about how we will cross to a better future

note : Finally, you should think with logic. This forum is neither a blessing nor a curse. We enjoyed making friends, right, and because there are more important things in life cs1.6

Have Gd Life 🙂

• Ador 1
  • Genial 1
Link spre comentariu

• 3 săptămâni mai târziu...

HI!
Good topic here. I saw it the other day, but because I was tired after a long day of work I couldn't really reply much. 

Anyway, so here's the thing.
I remember the forums before 2008/2009 when the shift happened. The activity they had prior to the appearance of MySpace & Facebook was huge! I had a MySpace account, and you'd had to know some HTML to actually make things to your liking. But Facebook not only destroyed MySpace with ease, it also destroyed many forums! Around 60% of people had stopped visiting the forums, just like that!

tBF6eTg.png

Puff, gone!

It is 100%, without any doubt whatsoever, that the appearance of Facebook did in fact take a huge amount of people away from the forums. 

When Facebook came out it stopped being about the writing & reading interesting things by people on the forums. You'd usually join a few discussions and have some great time. Occasionally there'd be forum gatherings which in my opinion were pure cringe because I knew that nobody would talk much. It is not the same writing and live talking. Especially for a bunch of introverts. 
Facebook had what forums didn't, basically -> legalized tracking. It is like one of those village folk mentality where everyone has to know what his neighbor is eating that morning. And this was interesting to the people up until 2013 maybe, after which only aunts & older people started using it. Teens shifted to Instagram, especially in the wake of bigger and better cellphones. Not sure when that exactly happened, but I'm sure that there are a lot of the infographics available online. 

There are forums which are still successful, where folk still write. But it eventually turns into something that is done for the sake of the few people who are there. The premise has to be specific. So far this forum seems to be rather active, which is nice. I've seen WAY worse. Things are not that grim here. Stay strong 💪

Link spre comentariu

Hey,

i just joined today acidently just to remember old times in this forum,
and since i was bored i read each of those replys, they seems pretty accurate tho, also i am glad there is someone who care realy about the forum and members, and ask them whats wrong with us, give your suggestions here, thats realy nice of you.

On 6/19/2021 at 7:04 PM, 乡мя.ЪคЪค™ said:

That's not true , facebook and any other social media was there before the forum , they were there in 2015 until now so why they didn't take people from us in that time but now ?

People are growing bro and they don't see anything here that helps them for the future , they don't see anything here that can work to earn , let's be honest this community is for teens from 13-18 but as we grow up we loose interest in virtual media and we focus to our goals and future , with all the respect for the community but this is the truth 

to be fully honest, this guy is completly right, they grow bro, and they leave cs 1.6, is alot way better games out there to play, and there is discord insted of forums to be used.  i dont join anymore here, if you would ask me why, i would tell you , there is nothing i can do 🙂 so ya

i hope everyone hat a great day, and stay safe out there. ❤️ 

Editat de Olee
Link spre comentariu

Alătură-te conversației

Poți posta acum și să te înregistrezi mai târziu. Dacă ai un cont, autentifică-te acum pentru a posta cu contul tău.

Vizitator
Răspunde la acest subiect...

×   Alipit ca text avansat.   Alipește ca text simplu

Doar 75 emoji sunt permise.

×   Linkul tău a fost încorporat automat.   Afișează ca link în schimb

×   Conținutul tău precedent a fost resetat.   Curăță editor

×   Nu poți lipi imagini direct. Încarcă sau inserează imagini din URL.

• Creează nouă...

Informații Importante

By using this site, you agree to our Termeni de Utilizare.