Facebook Twitter Youtube

Intel Core i3-9100F vs AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF, which CPU is better?

Inkriql

Ryzen-5-vs-Core-i3-800x419.jpg

We are as we can see before a quad-core processor without HyperThreading against a six-core and twelve threads with SMT, so the AMD processor is much better in this regard. The Intel processor takes some speed advantage since its base frequency is 400 MHz higher, and the turbo is 600 Mhz higher than that of the AMD processor, also having the same TDP.

As for the caches, both processors differ at all levels: the Intel Core i3-9100F has 64K L1 cache, 256K L2 cache and 6MB shared L3 cache, while the AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF processor boasts 128K L1 cache, 512K L2 cache, and 4MB shared L3 cache. So the Intel processor has 2MB more L3 cache but half L1 and L2 cache. This means that the AMD processor will be faster for simple and less complex tasks, but the Intel processor will take advantage of more extensive operations.

As for RAM memory support, the Ryzen processor takes advantage here since it supports a higher speed as standard, up to DDR4 at 2933 MHz compared to DDR4 at 2400 MHz of the Intel processor, in both cases in dual channel mode.

And now come the advantages exclusively for the AMD processor, which are two: on the one hand, this processor has two cores and four more threads, with the obvious advantage in terms of performance that this implies. The second advantage is that it has the AMD Wraith Silent heatsink at the factory, far superior to the Intel OEM that includes the brand's processor. This means that, although it supports a lower temperature limit, if we decide not to install a third-party heatsink with the AMD processor we will have better operating temperatures.

Which of the two processors is better to buy?

As always, it depends. Intel's processor is slightly cheaper, but is considerably less powerful than AMD's. The AMD processor, for its part, not only has more cores and threads, but it comes from the factory with a much better heatsink that will also save us money by not needing to buy a third-party heatsink.

In terms of performance the AMD processor is clearly superior, and to this we must add the additional advantages that the AMD processor gives us as the factory heatsink, so if we had to choose we would opt for the Ryzen 5 1600AF since even if it costs a little more, what he gives us in return is worth it.

• I love it 6