Ford Mustang

Inkriql

10.jpg

From Los Angeles (United States) - When Ford introduced the new Mustang Mach-E last month, many things called attention to this electric SUV with a heresy name. Most of them are already analyzed here.

However, a curiosity of the car went a little unnoticed: the only version with simple traction of the Mach-E will be called "California Route 1".

It will have rear-wheel drive and its name is a tribute to the famous Pacific coastal route, linking the cities of Legget (to the North) with Cabo San Lucas (to the South). They are more than 3,000 kilometers through some of the best beaches and landscapes in the United States. It crosses overcrowded cities - such as Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego - but also extensive desert areas, in Baja California.

That is why, when Lola Tyrrell appeared at the door of the Intercontinental Hotel with a Convertible Mustang (read first note), the idea from the first moment was to cross some sections of Route 1.

Quiet Without breaking any records. And knowing that at no time the plan would be to travel the 3,000 kilometers of route. We were celebrating 20 years since we started dating and the only idea was to celebrate.

In the previous days I had the pleasure of driving through the mountains that surround Newcomb’s Ranch to the two most exclusive versions of the Mustang: the Bullitt and the Shelby GT500 (read review). Therefore, the version Lola chose for the trip seemed more appropriate for this plan: a Mustang Ecoboost Convertible.

It has a 2.3 turbo engine, with 290 horsepower and 440 Nm of torque. It was a version with restyling (Model Year 2019), which released the new ten-speed automatic transmission. Ford declares a top speed of 230 km / h and an acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h in 5.8 seconds, but I didn't bother to confirm it.

The plan was always to walk, cross and enjoy. I can't think of a more suitable car for that. It has the entire façade of the Mustang, offers the pleasure of riding in a cabriolet during the fall of California and offers the great consumption of the Ecoboost: only 10 liters per 100 kilometers. The only one against? It sounded good to be a four-cylinder, but nothing compared to the V8 he had driven days before.

And how was the trip? Below is the photo album.14.jpg

1.jpg

• I love it 2